If asked to air a fatal flaw, I would readily admit my completely lacking ability to keep my car clean. I panic when I have a meeting where carpooling is involved, because if I’m asked to drive it’s going to be more than a little awkward.
I love my car, and generally am a pretty neat person, but my car somehow always seems to serve as a receptacle for everything in transit in my life. And cleaning it is typically at the very bottom of the priority list.
I happened to look around today, and had to laugh at the truly maddening combination of CRAP in my coche. Let’s discuss:
- A 12″ x 18″ glittery sign that daycare made for Lila’s first birthday last week. Falls under: “I really should be sentimental and save this,” and “This thing is huge and sweating glitter EVERYWHERE.”
- Four tupperware containers. None stank, thankfully, but gross nonetheless.
- An unopened package of Dr. Brown’s stage 2 nipples. No idea.
- Copies of Lean In and The Five Love Languages. To freak out valets.
- Six tumbler cups I bought as gifts that have yet to be delivered. Sigh.
- A cardigan we had to use to clean up a baby mess [insert questionable bodily fluid] and I forgot to wash.
- An iPad cover. Note: I do not have an iPad.
- A stuffed rabbit and a wooden penguin. Jealous yet?
- 45 Bed Bath and Beyond coupons. Yes, yes, they’re good at Buy Buy Baby, even when expired, but why are they so HUGE?
- Cheerios. Everywhere.