1. Nesting. Jim put the entire nursery together as a surprise. And by that I mean he stayed up til 5 a.m. one night painting, hanging art and curtains and assembling furniture. I had everything ready but didn’t know what I wanted to do with it, and love that his input and thinking created the layout.
2. Endorphins. The guy who scans me in at the gym and always says encouraging things about working out while pregnant. And working out while pregnant makes me feel less round.
3. Cleanliness. Just got our carpets cleaned. It’s the next best thing to new floors and it feels like the whole house had a spa day.
4. Poop. When I called a friend in a crabby mood this week she told me a story about poop to completely distract and entertain me.
5. Thinking in new ways. This article was captivating and made me reevaluate some of the ways I think.
6. Smartphones. For all the bad things we attribute to an addiction to technology, I love how it allows me to stay connected with so many people that are important to me.
7. Take out. Tonight it’s Oregano’s. All the joy of eating out and I can wear pajamas.
8. Anniversaries. Jim proposed four years ago today.
9. Decluttering. I’ve sold a ton of stuff through craigslist and Swip Swap lately and have had surprisingly pleasant experiences. I’m always fascinated by the people who want my stuff and the process feels like community recycling.
10. Drunk History. Watch it. Trust me.