Girlfriend is a term that can refer to either a female partner in a non-marital romantic relationship or a female non-romantic friend that is closer than other friends. Refers to the people you can share everything with and who’ll be there through the good, the bad and the fucking excellent – not just significant, but essential.
1. It doesn’t matter if you’re full or sick; never make a friend eat or drink alone.
2. Don’t tag a friend in any undesireable pictures on Facebook; her parents and coworkers appreciate being guarded from bar festivities.
3. When a friend complains about [insert one] work, significant other, finances, lack of ‘anything to wear,’ etc, always agree. Playing devil’s advocate is over rated.
4. Support any plans for impromptu road trips, wine nights or hair color changes.
5. Always be honest about the presence of food in teeth or a forgotten button.
6. Be on call to house sit and babysit (and phone sit when there’s a drunk dial risk)
7. Don’t lie, cheat or steal.
8. Share your lip gloss, sunscreen, drink and purses, but not your political views.
9. Never let money be an issue.
10. Know when to apologize and when to forgive and when to shut up.